Good morning! I feel like I’ve been saying this every day buuuut SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE. I am so excited. My family is coming into town tomorrow and I’m so excited for graduation festivities to begin! I honestly am just studying today for the most part (aka I have a final tomorrow that I’m just now studying for), so I don’t have much to update you on for today. So, without further ado, onto the post…
Below is a list of things that I have actually experienced during wedding planning so far. P.S. I won’t be mad if you think I’m ridiculous. (I am, 99% of the time.)
1. You spend hours (!!!) researching envelopes and paper. ENVELOPES. PAPER.
2. You decide the color “blush” is actually a million shades of pale pink and that it might take years to find just the right shade for bridesmaid dresses.
3. Then you decide grey might be prettier, or the palest light blue, and then that involves so much more research to find just the right shades of those colors.
4. You spend all morning comparing photographer’s portfolios and come to the conclusion that they all look the same/blur together/should I just close my eyes and pick one?
5. Then, when you finally think you’ve chosen one, you change your mind the next day, then change it back, and so on. (Note: I do think I found the perfect one now, though! You can quote me on that!)
6. You frequently stare at the pictures you have saved of almost perfect dresses but can’t help finding something wrong with every one.
7. You even spend time listening to the 2000s Hip Hop Pandora station and make mental notes of what songs must be played at the reception. (Or maybe that’s just my excuse to blare 2000s hip hop music… is it feeling hot in here to anyone else? Okay sorry that was lame.)
8. You shop for wedding bands like its your job.
9. But, at the end of the day, you look at what you’ve accomplished and realize you have actually planned nothing.
At least I’m not denying my craziness, right? In all seriousness, I know that my insane wedding obsessions are silly. I mentioned to Jake the other day that I had spent a long time looking at a specific kind of envelope (for when I DIY our invites), laughed at myself for being a psycho, and was inspired to share a list of some of the silliest things I’ve obsessed over. If you’ve ever experienced any of the things on my list, or have your own weird obsessions, let me know! It would really
enable me to keep up the crazy make me feel better about myself.