I am now entering my last weekend of summer (aka my classes start Monday). Womp womp. I’ll have class from around 8-9:40 and 12-1:40 Monday-Thursday for the first 4 weeks, so it’s not too bad. I think it’ll actually be a good amount to keep me busy but still have a lot of free time.
Although, let’s be real, I’ve really enjoyed having nothing to do these past few weeks. Caitlin the Couch Potato made an appearance and I’m not mad about it.
Jake and I are heading home this weekend to go to a Cards game. This is a very (super) belated birthday present for Jake (his birthday was April 28th…LOL). I think I’ll even sneak in a trip to Trader Joe’s before the game. 😉 And we might go to the zoo! It should be a lot of fun!
- The Parent Trap: If you don’t love Parent Trap we can’t be friends. Okay just kidding but c’mon, this is a childhood classic. Lindsey Lohan x2, a why-couldn’t-I-go-there-summer camp, and happy reunion ending. I’m sorry, it just doesn’t get better than that. It was on TV last night so naturally I watched it.
- Shellac Manicures: I got a shellac manicure for my graduation a few weeks ago, and they had grown out a lot so I got a fresh shellac polish done yesterday. I just loooove shellac, how long it lasts, how it lets me grow out my nails without breaking, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on, but shellac nails are one of my favorite splurges from time to time. It’s not something I do all the time, but sometimes it’s nice.
- National Donut Day: I love celebrating random holidays. Today on our drive home Jake and I stopped to get donuts for breakfast. I’m kind of a donut purist, so I got a glazed, but Jake picked a peanut butter cup one. Yum!
- Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal: I picked a container of this up at Trader Joe’s recently and have been loving it for breakfast this week with a little local honey, peanut butter, and half a banana. I’m a huge oatmeal fan, and something about the mixture of different grains in this product provides an interesting texture that I like.
- Hand Lettering: I still have been loving practicing how to hand-letter and it’s been so much fun. Check out my post I wrote about it here, and try it out yourself!
I’m looking forward to the weekend, and it’s the first one in a while that I have lots of plans for. Hope you have a great weekend!