I have a really easy recipe to share with you today! Keep reading if you like cheap, easy, quick, and healthy recipes.
I don’t know about you, but there’s something about chicken that’s not made in a crockpot that’s intimidating to me. (You’re probably laughing at me but I’m not a huge meat-eater/cooker so it can be foreign territory to me!) I decided to branch out and make some SIMPLE baked chicken strips.
I’m sure I’ve said this before, but I hate recipes that require 925839 ingredients and then when it’s time to eat it tastes “normal”. If I’m gonna spend $30 to make a meal, I want it to taste like a gourmet creation! I like to keep it simple with minimal ingredients most of the time. I also try to cook mostly healthy at home, sticking to whole grains, meats/eggs, veggies, etc. And every recipe I make has to be at least somewhat easy. We’re talking beginner level here. Enter in: 3-Ingredient Chicken Strips.
3-Ingredient Chicken Strips
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup whole wheat Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim chicken breasts and cut into smaller strips/chunks.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and dunk pieces of chicken in egg, making sure to evenly coat each piece of chicken.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate small bowl and coat the egg-covered chicken pieces in breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken on a foil-covered cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 425 degrees, flip the pieces over, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Feel free to pin the image at the beginning of the post to save the recipe for later! Do you have a go-to easy chicken recipe? I will definitely be putting this recipe into the rotation of easy weeknight dinners!
I hope you have a good evening. I am so ready for the weekend because I have a bunch of fun plans! (Yes, I know it’s only Tuesday…shhhh)